SUMMER HOIDAYS 2021 INFORMATION AND GROUPS
Thank you so much for booking with Nimble Arts. We can't wait to welcome you through our doors again! Please read the guidance below really carefully as it is vitally important for keeping you, your children and our staff safe during the club. Please watch the video first:
BEFORE YOU COME:
Please prepare a nut-free packed lunch (please check all packaging for traces of nuts as we have some very severe allergies) and include snacks for morning and afternoon break, and for Movie Club if your child is staying after 5pm (we will also give them some popcorn)
Make sure that if your child needs to bring prescription medication it is clearly labelled and in-date and you have completed this form before you arrive https://nimblearts.wufoo.com/forms/nimble-arts-permission-to-administer-medication/ - our on-site medic Veronica will store all medication in the medical box in the downstairs hall and will send you reports of any first aid, illness and doses of medication taken by email - we will ring you if there are any concerns about your child during the day so please double check contact numbers are correct on your account
Please login to your account to add any collectors who have permission to pick up your children - once they are on the account they can pick up any time you don't need to let us know. To do this click on Children then Contacts then add your Collectors. Please double check that parents are all added to collectors lists.
Collect up any recycling - the more children can bring with them for themselves to use in their creations the better!
Find comfy clothes that can get messy, shoes for running around in and a warm coat and please pack a book if your child is reading one at the moment for any quieter times in the day
Bring a mask for any adults dropping off
If your child has symptoms of Covid-19 DO NOT BRING THEM TO THE CLUB - please review our guidance here
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Any time 8.00am – 9.30am - if you are going to arrive after this time or your child is going to be absent please call 0333 014 2576 or text 07714 745 040 and let us know as soon as possible
When using the post code for Goodrich School most sat navs will take you to Goodrich Road but we use the entrance round the corner on Dunstans Road. will be using the small main gate which leads to the front door of the school
The current protocol at the school is that parents and carers cannot come onto the premises so we will welcome your child at the gate and sign them in - they'll then go over to the first in a chain of members of staff to welcome them in and show them to their rooms. Their first task once they cross the playground will be to choose their activity book - they can take a different one every day and we've found this is a really good way to distract from any potential wobbles!
Please make sure children have everything they need - if they are bringing medication please have it out and ready to hand to staff on the way in
We ask that you queue up keeping to social distancing along the pavement next to the red and white bollards and wear a mask - children do not have to wear face mask.
Any time 4.00pm - 5.00pm (if you booked standard day) or 4.00pm - 6.30pm (if you booked Late Pick Up Movie Club)
Pick-up will be from the same double gate on Dunstan's Road. Again, parents will be asked to identify who they're picking up then wait on the far side of the gate and we will radio for your child to be bought out with all their things. Please wear a mask and observe social distancing.
If you have not booked Late Pick Up Movie Club you can do this via your account - just check the guidance at the bottom left of the account in the notices which explains how you can book and pay (it's a bit fiddly sorry!)
We'll book your child into Movie Club if you haven't arrived to collect by 5.00pm - please call or text 07714 745 040 if you are running late. We have to be out of the building just after 6.30pm so all children must be collected by then please.
If arriving at any other time please note the school office is closed so we cannot hear the bell - please rind 07714 745 040 -- this number will be available on a sign at the gate
IF YOU'D LIKE TO ADD MOVIE CLUB AFTER YOU ORIGINAL BOOKING 5:00 - 6:30PM PICK UP PLEASE ASK US AT THE DESK IN THE MORNING OR DROP A TEXT TO 07714 745 040
GROUPS AND WAITING LISTS
We have worked very hard to ensure all your requests for groups have been taken into account and tried to group children when possible by school, age and as per requests. You can also view your position on the waiting list if you have requested to be added to the waiting list for one of our sold out days:
**GROUPS** - PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to request a change but please note
** GROUPS FOR W/C 23rd AUGUST HAVE NOW BEEN PUBLISHED:
- Caterpillars and Hedgehogs, Chipmunks and Puffins, Turtles and Squirrels and Meerkats and Zebras join together for their workshops during the day so if your child has some friends in each they will get to see them (Dolphins and Eagles have sessions as a single group each)
- Where we could not accommodate all children requested as this would have taken us over the group limit we have made sure children are with some of the friends they requested
- if your child does not know anyone please do not worry - the whole start of the day and throughout is focused on team work and helping them make friends
- Weeks 5 groups will be published in the google doc on the Friday before each week
- please note you can view the document below but cannot edit
- we have different children every day so if a lot more younger children have joined, you may notice your child moved up a bubble - all age group work is suitable for the ages in that group and we adapt every day so even if it seems like your children is in one of our older groups but are still in younger school years, they are with children of a similar age - some days we've moved whole friendship groups up or down so we can keep them together but our younger groups are quite mixed so they don't need to feel like they've gone 'down' or 'up'
- If your school is listed as **SCHOOL NOT CHOSEN ON MAGIC BOOKING** please drop us an email to email@example.com with the name of your child's school and we'll update
- we sort groups manually so sometimes make mistakes! Just let us know if you spot one and we'll update!
- **CHANGES ARE NO PROBLEM - JUST DROP US AN EMAIL**
To get in touch with us between 7.00am – 6.30pm please dial 0333 014 2576 - option 1 will through to the Setting Manager or Assistant Manager (who can also b texted on 07714 745 040) and option 2 takes you through to the office if you have a question about bookings, payments etc.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
We will be posting photos and videos of what w're up to during the day on our social media showcasing what children are making and the activities they're are taking part in but as the majority of children do not have permission for photos and videos we have made the decision not to take any of the children themselves. We want to focus on what's happening in the room and giving children the best most enjoyable time we can - so follow us @nimblearts for updates from the day! The only filming we will be doing is with our older groups at the end of the day who will be creating a mission report each day that will be shown to children the following day to catch up with the adventure. This will be kept internally and only shared with other children at the club.
Thank you so much for continuing to support Nimble Arts and don't hesitate to contact us before your visit if there's anything you'd like to discuss.